Wednesday 4 March 2009

1101 Britains Got Talent

19.40 13.07.2007 this was to have been a different day with a morning walk and an afternoon watching DVD's the draughtsman's Contract and the James Ivory the White Countess. I did neither

19.45 We are having a monsoon to an extent that patio pots have been swamped. I have yet to check the loft. So I enjoyed comfort food. Bran with sultanas for breakfast, a Milano salami salad of lettuce, chopped green pepper, tomato, cucumber and queen olives stuffed with pimento and almond followed by wickedly thick custard cradling a chopped banana. In the afternoon there was a hot Tapas snack and tea, and this evening chunks of smoked salmon on crackers lavished with lemon, with red wine, followed by (I smell it now from a distance) some chopped onion, boiled, some broad beans, stripped from their shells as I enjoyed doing as a child, and a pork chop, but no apple sauce, followed by strawberries but no cream or ice cream.

20.00. My timing is brilliant the onion is crunchy and broad beans crisp (i.e. not well cooked) and I smothered the chop with CHOP sauce (freedom is) and anyway I have always hoped the gourmets were not good in bed, and who notices the food if you eat with an interesting woman? For second time in a week the heat, smoke, fire alarm in the ground floor hall way sounded, because of the proximity of the grill, one of those instant purpose grills not of the boxing variety though. I must no complain two men of the fire service came a knocking and offered to install them for free with a 15 year battery. Oh please let me live until they need to be replaced.

20.15. I eat quickly to fill the void and to write more comments to the images of an interesting woman. I think I shall mix the strawberries with bits of Scottish pancakes as I am hungry still. I break up the pancakes first, dowsing them with the squeezed lemon and sliced the strawberries without sugar and created a satisfying dish. Obviously a substitute for sex, but more erotic, anyway the Catholic in me equates sex with making babies, the pain of child birth and a lifetime of panic, worry tiredness and feeling helpless

20.20 It has been a day of internet communication with interesting women. I did have one conversation with a neighbour about football and with staff at the residential home as my mother was asleep for most of the visit, waking briefly smiling at recognition, munching several thin slices of chocolate covered Turkish delight while I watched Murder at the Vicarage for the 100th time.

20.25 Big Brother turned unbearable last night with two of the more obnoxious of the participants, neither of whom had been nominated by the silly twins and the two gay boys, who ought to have known better screaming at each other hysterically and then trying to justify bovine behaviour to their housemates. Lather this evening two in question appeared to be talking to each other. I would like to believe it was the wrong time of their months but I think not.

20.30 I have been trying to invest a substantial amount of money in premium bonds where instead of interest there are monthly draws. First there was no response to the notification of the change of address and request for my registered number and then after telephoning and being told I could have a new number and apply on line I had to wait another week for a form to arrive for me to sign and return.

1 am 14.06.2007 I spent part of the morning trying to find missing MY Space Friends as I was supposed to have one number but when I made an alphabetical list I was half a dozen short. It was then I discovered that although there was supposed be 40 on some sheets, there were not. I was amazed to find that about a third had approached me, mainly musicians but not all.

I did not enjoy the programme Britains’s Got Talent, a search for someone to entertain the Queen programme this evening as much as previously because if the disappointment on 100 of 120 who were originally selected but were told they had not made it to the semi finals, three groups of 8 later with 2 more added, who will compete for a six place final on Sunday. The forecast is monsoon rain tomorrow and rain for a further seven consecutive days. I abandon the idea of going to the Test Match at Durham County Club or buying advance tickets for their first major semi final game since their elevation to the county championship a decade and a half ago. I do not feeling like writing anymore, working anymore so I will post and read one of the scandalous books of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment